Being Earth Day, thought I’d share some facts and “did you know” tid-bits I found on the net:
- The garbage in a landfill stays for a for about 30 years.
- Each person throws away approximately four pounds of garbage every day.
- One bus carries as many people as 40 cars!
- We each use about 12,000 gallons of water every year
- 1/3 of all water is used to flush the toilet.
- The energy we save when we recycle one glass bottle is enough to light a traditional light bulb for four hours
- For every 2000 pounds of paper (1 ton) recycled, we save 7,000 gallons of water free from chemicals.
So now on another note:
I was at the Vaughan Bridal Show last night, I’ll be there again tonight. I met some fantastic people, vendors and brides-to-be! I have a listing on The Ring Bearer site (http://www.theringbearer.ca) and met Cris and many of the other gang from there, who are awesome people!!! Very friendly and helpful… go onto the site and check it out. It’s a great website that has tons of information and vendors a bride and groom could ever need and want! Plus, the forum has a lot of fun posts from other brides. It’s a great resource and it’s GREEN friendly!!! 🙂
Have a great day everybody!