As you head out this morning to the Baby Show, I’m certain you have a list of questions ready to ask of the vendors you meet. I did, too, when I was pregnant and even more when my first son was born.
I’d like to arm you with a few more questions, these ones to ask any potential photographer. Please feel free to come by Booth 110 to ask me these same questions – and any more you might have.
Here are my suggested Top 10 questions to ask:
- What professional training do you have? How many years of experience do you have photographing newborns?
- At what age would you prefer to see a new baby? Do you work with preemies?
- Are siblings and family included in the photographs?
- Do you photograph in studio or in home?
- What can I expect during a session? And what can I expect after?
- How should we prepare and what should we bring?
- What props and wardrobe options are available?
- What happens if the baby is fussy and won’t settle?
- Do you have an assistant?
- And the most important of all: How do you ensure the safety of the newborn?
I cannot wait to meet each and every one of you this weekend at the Baby Show. Come and visit me at booth 110 – I am having a draw to win a free stroller and a show special! You don’t want to miss it! In the event you can’t make it this weekend, I will be posting all my answers to these questions – and feel free to send me any more you might have, I will include those too — next week in a follow-up post.